Hey guys. I’m sorry I’ve been so absent, life got a little crazy.
I see my The 100 episode review was essentially ignored, so I’ll just stop doing that.
I’ll still try and do these regularly, though, so here’s the media intake for this week.
- I finished the first book in the Grisha Trilogy, which I really enjoyed. I’ll put up a review of that soon!
- I’m currently trying to read my way through The Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey, which so far I’ve found spectacular. However, I was about halfway through Dragonflight when it was cruelly snatched away from me by means of the the holds system at the library. I’ll get it back in a few weeks, and try to finish is as fast as I can once I do.
- In the meantime, I’m debating between rereading Great Expectations, which though it is amazing is time consuming and scary to carry around because my copy is held together with hot glue, or starting my yet unopened copy of Outlander. I know, I know, but it looks rather intimidating and I didn’t want to start until I knew I can finish. Thoughts or opinions?
- I also want to begin The Lark by E. Nesbit, mostly due to this review by the lovely blog Leaves and Pages. It seems like exactly my kind of soft read.
- Guess who watched Saban’s Power Rangers and loved it? I know it’s been getting some bad press, but it’s got a lot going for it, mainly nostalgia, but also funny quirky humor, diversity, and a great cast. It’s just a really fun movie to see if you loved Power rangers growing up. I may post a review of it soon?
- I also saw Beauty and the Beast, which was awesome. It’s not really breaking any new ground in terms of plot, but it fills in the holes from the original animated version and is cute and fun to watch. Also how pretty is the actress who plays Plumette? I mean I went in knowing I’d be slapped in the face with Emma Watson’s gorgeousness but man I didn’t not expect her amazing at the end. Also Ewan McGregor is adorable.
- Now, I’m super excited for Wonder Woman, despite not really knowing much about DC, because she looks really badass.
- Oh my gosh this hiatus from The 100 feels eternal. However, I’m super excited for the upcoming season end, and I’m really hopeful for it. Also, is Lindsey really going to be Batgirl because that sound amazing oh my gosh
- Also, I binged the rest of Season 2 of Teen Wolf last weekend, and I just started the first episode of Season 3. I honestly am so confused as to why I like it so much but I like it a lot. The Season finale was one hell of a ride, but it was really enjoyable.
- I have Spring Break starting from next week, which hopefully means I can catch myself up on Shadowhunters too. I’m so so behind but I’ve been hearing good things. (Meaning is Raphael really ace someone please confirm I really hope he is.)
Anyways, let me know what you think! I’m super excited to get into these.